Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Siggraph 2009 - Emerging Technologies

For those who aren't familiar, ACM Siggraph is a member-based organization who's mission is "...to promote the generation and dissemination of information on computer graphics and interactive techniques." Every year they hold a large scale conference. It is happening this week in New Orleans. I've attended quite a few of these conferences, and while it can be overwhelming, there are some really fascinating things to see. I recommend attending at least once if you're interested in Digital Arts.

One of the best experiences at the conference is the Emerging Technologies exhibit. People from all over the world share innovative technology they've developed. As a digital arts educator, I am inspired by new technologies for creating art. Check out some of the projects here.

If you're interested in knowing more about the ACM Siggraph organization, and how you can get involved, they have a special committee for educators. You can learn more here.

2 comments:

  1. great animation, thanks for putting this up. I am an art teacher in england exploring new practices in digital arts. Am pleased I found this.
    www.tinyurl.com/stpetersart

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, and thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you will consider becoming a follower.

    ReplyDelete